Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hairstyles!!

I love playing with my hair. Sometimes I can get royally frustrated with it, but when a style works out perfectly, I jump for joy.

I recently came upon a rather interesting, yet very simple hair style from "TorrinPage" on YouTube. She has some REALLY long hair, and great tutorials and styles. One style in particular I tried was called the 'Madora', named after someone on the LHC or Long Hair Community named "Madora". I went over to the community and saw this woman's avatar picture and it was beautiful, portraying the style shown by "TorrinPage".

I took it upon myself to try this style. "Torrin" suggested that this particular style is meant for those with hair with "Length"...but I'm a stubborn person, and actually accomplished this...without incredible "length". My hair is perhaps half the length of "Torrin"'s...
but I think it turned out great, despite not being able to wrap it around my head a couple of times. This is the result:
Doesn't it look great??? I love it. I think I'll credit it's perfect-ness with my having just washed it and it still being damp, otherwise there would have been a lot of fly-away's. But regardless, this is a great style, I might do again :)

More to do with my hair...I thought I would take it upon myself to try out one of the styles I had been trying to do for decades (YES! Decades!). 

The style of "Princess Leia" on Endor from "Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi". Here is what it looked like:
Ever since the first time I saw this movie, I had loved this style...complete with the braided headband. Unfortunately, the actual creation of the style eluded me since. That is...until now!

I give you "Endor"
Now...it's not 100% perfect, and sits a little high, but it's done...and ALL with my own hair. Sure I DO have a braided headband I purchased from an accessory store, but I wanted to try and accomplish this with all my own hair, and was so happy once I discovered how. And...surprisingly...it took me all of about 5 minutes to do. If you can make pigtails, you can do this style!

No comments:

Post a Comment