Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Unique Rosary

On our last trip to my in-laws, my daughter decided to bring with her, the rosary I had made (just to see if I could do it). I told her she could have it, and bring it with her should the church decide they want to honor Mary that month with a recitation of the Rosary.

She decided one day to show my mother- and sister-in-law. They were impressed with how it looked. My sister-in-law then showed me a much smaller, more compact rosary that she had been given a long time ago, and inquired about me making her a new one.

I can't entirely remember if she wanted a full sized rosary, or a compact one, so I thought I'd go with something more unique. It can still be used in the usual manner of a full rosary, but compact...sort of a compromise.


I haven't see any in the design I am thinking of, but I'm making one in a similar manner as this:

Unusual rosary .@Jorge Martinez Martinez Cavalcante (JORGENCA)
Click to go to the pin

...the difference is connecting the five decades to the single chain w/cross, I will be using one of those "mary" things with the three holes (sorry, it's late and my brain doesn't want to work), and I will be looping the decades instead of leaving them hang.

You can pray along one decade, then you can move to the next decade without losing your place, as you might with a single-decaded rosary.

I can't wait till it's complete. I'll post a picture once it's done. Like I said, I have yet to see a compact rosary in the manner that I want to make, and the picture above is the ONLY one like it I have found online. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**UPDATE**

Just thought I'd show you my progress:
I have to make another decade, then make the five beads that attach to the cross. It normally wouldn't have taken me so long to make something like this, but the loop-pins I'm using are very stiff making bending harder than usual (which hurts my fingers). But...hopefully that will make for a very sturdy prayer tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment