Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Yet Another Experiment

I love inspiration...it doesn't matter where it's from. YouTube-ing I found new inspiration for a book of shadows page:


Playing around with my new Distress Ink, I aged the corners of the colored plant (flat background). I used a pencil though for everything else (except the picture on the bottom right, the leaf and the title), shading the edge and smudging it with my finger, giving it a more aged, dirty look...kinda worn. I should have maybe rubbed harder and maybe ripped it a bit lol. but I think it looks good (it's darker in person...the picture doesn't really do justice)

But this is just an experiement to see if I could do it. I want to make it on a much larger scale, and perhaps with a different font for the info. I've been getting my page inspirations from here if you want to be inspired yourself:

Księga Cieni (Translates to Book of Shadows...it's a beautiful book)
Book of Shadows (izzyjessbell)
Book of Shadows Quick Flip (Misty's Archives)



**UPDATE**
Not really anything major, I just wanted to mention that I bought a couple more inks to play with. I got a darker brown distress ink and a standard black inkpad (it sort of works as a distress...at least dirties my pages a bit...makes it look a bit soot-y).

Im hoping to make another page later...I'm still playing around with everything...I haven't quite gotten it to look just right yet. I will update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment