Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Saturday, October 10, 2020

DIY Altar Tile

In a perfect world, every witch would have a solid silver or pewter altar tile in which to place the items they want to bless during rituals, but sometimes that's not feesible. For one thing, I cannot find a tile I like, nor do I have the money to buy some of the ones I've seen on sites like Amazon, or even Etsy. So I decided to make my own, and you can too. There are a variety of ways you can do this, but I'm rather impressed with this one, so this is the one I'll show you.

What you will need to make your own Altar Tile:

-Wooden disk

-Pencil and another marking device

-Carbon paper

-Design you want to copy onto your disk (Optional. Be aware many images are copyrighted so use them for your own personal use).

For my altar tile I found good sized round wooden disks at my local dollar store (why go broke for things you can use in your craft? You don't always need a metaphysical store for everything, making them infuses your energies with them, so get crafty 😊😊).


I then found a pentacle image I really liked and printed it off (this is COMPLETELY optional. You can simply draw a pentacle if you like). I cut it out as best I could, then laid down some carbon paper on top of my disk, centered the image on the disk as best I could and traced the pentacle using my pencil. 

After I was happy with the design, I then traced over the carbon image with a brown marker, to give it a look of wood-burning. I was really, really impressed with how it turned out. If you're interested in doing the same, Pinterest has lots of different types of pentacles you can copy (see disclaimer above).

I think I'm going to go over it in Mod Podge to protect it from any damage, then place it on my altar for future use. There are lots of variations to this. If you can find a wooden plate, you can use that (I did in the past), or you can use a glass candle plate. Really anything round will work (or square if you like). This is your tool, create it as you like, and use it with pride 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment