Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Sunday, February 21, 2021

DIY Hard Happy Planner Cover

I noticed a serious lack in tutorials in making a hard Happy Planner, or ring disc planner covers, so Ill make my own.

I've searched and searched for ideas on how to make them, but turned up empty. Any diy covers were for laminated covers, and, frankly, I find them too flimsy for my liking. Sure you can make a variety of pretty covers, but I just wanted a classic black cover that didn't buckle or fold as I picked it up.

So, here is my tutorial. You will need:
-Hardcover sketchbook, chipboard, or stiff cardboard
-Crop-o-dile or other heavy duty hole punch
-Box cutter


Take apart your sketch book (or if you have Chipboard, ignore this step)

Using your crop-o-dile/hole punch, start with the second hole from either the top or bottom, and going to every second hole, make the holes bigger. Then, using your box cutter, cut notches in card where the widened holes are to accommodate the rings.

Carefully push the cover onto the rings, and there you go. A 5-minute hard planner cover.
I used a hardcover wire bound sketchbook from my local dollar store to make this one. It can also allow for you to use the paper and not have to buy extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment