Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Friday, February 27, 2015

My Little Black Book

I bought a 5.5 x 8 skectchbook from Michaels last night. I'm printing the pages off my latest Book attempt to paste into it. I'm not overthinking this one. I'm going to have a completed book if it drives me insane.
Click to Enlarge
It's a really nice book, I just might go and get another one. It has a black canvas type cover, and thick blank pages (obviously, because it's for sketches) and is hardbound (not spiral or post bound)

At this time almost half the book has the pages pasted to them, but they are not decorated so they still look pretty bland.

I also added some embellishment to it. I plan on maybe adding some metal corners to the cover but for now, I have made a decorative spine by threading a wire through the spine and hooking some chain to it, then adding some charms to it.
Click to Enlarge
I'm going to snafu the pentacle off my midori style book and add it to the chain later. 

While some of the pages are pretty basic, I worked hard to figure out how to "fancy" up some pages through inspiration from their sources. For example, (using Word) I was able to "facsimile" a page on Samhain from this infographic from WitchyWords.blogspot.com. Note, that this is being used in my own PERSONAL book and for my own use, and am not using it publicly. When I was finished, I thought it looked great, albeit only black and white. I was very impressed with myself, and used this one inspiration to help me with other pages.

Anyways, I will update as this book continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment