Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Weaving

I've taken up a small new project. Weaving. I've JUST started, and this is my first try:


Since this picture was taken I added some beads and feathers to the white roving, and I have taken it off the "form".

I am now in the process of making another wall hanging, but it will be much wider than the one in this picture. I want to try a couple of attempts before I make something intentional, just so I can get the technique down (which isn't actually that hard).

My intention is to make "tapestries" to hang on my altar for each Sabbat, something to go along with the table representations I make.

It's fairly easy a craft to do. I got the tutorial and rough pattern from here should anyone else want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment