Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Slider Style Prayer Beads

I discovered a new style of prayer bead. Best done with pony beads, I used some clear "cracked" glass beads I bought at walmart because I love how they look. 

I found the pattern on a Catholic site, but felt I could alter this enough to accommodate Pagan prayers. 


It's a slider style set of beads, meaning you slide the beads along as you pray. THIS set has ten beads, with one stationary bead at the end (next to the moon charm) for a total of 11 beads. After I had finished I made the realization it should be nine beads, but oh well, this is just an example and I can fix it later. 

I used blue embroidery thread. I threaded my pentacle then following a similar pattern you would using pony beads to make various animal and insect key chains, you criss-cross the thread through the bead hole and keep going until all but one bead is used. Leaving a bit of space you tie a knot, you then thread all the thread through the bead, then tie another knot against the bead. You can then tie a charm if you like on the end and you're done. 

This was a bit harder than I expected because the hole in the bead is so small, but once completed, it's beautiful. Choose a prayer you like, and start prayin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment