Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Friday, January 22, 2016

Why I Do, But Don't Decorate My Planner

I got inspired for this post based off a Pinterest pin. A blogger wrote about why they don't decorate their planner. And that's all well and good for them. If it works for them, more power to 'em.

I do a little bit of both. I don't look at my planner as a hobby either, but sometimes I have very little to do, so I look at my planner as a means of alleviating boredom. This is my small planner. I have a larger pink planner, but I found it to be too large for my needs...I can't carry it around like I'd like to (though I can't really carry this around either...I need a new purse lol.

Example #1

Here I have two decorated pages in my planner. On this particular day I didn't have a whole lot to do, so I broke out some washi tape and decorated the edges of these pages. I found a flowers sticker and placed it on the badge on the left page, and drew a fishy on a sticky and put it on the badge on the right (because, I believe that day we got new fish). I try to put images in the badges of something that represents what we did that day (i.e. the fish). I also underlined the meal menu on both pages, just to liven it up a bit

In my planner I use different colors to represent the different people in my family. Dark blue I use for my husbands schedule, purple for mine, pink for my daughter, red for my oldest son (he loves red), and baby blue for my youngest son. Whenever there is some task or event that involves someone in the family I use the corresponding color and write it both in the calendar, and on the daily pages. If there's something that involves all my children, I use green, my dog and other household things, I use black.

Example #2


Here is an example of a day where I don't decorate. Here I had very little scheduled, but I did have to run errands for myself. As you can see, it's rather plain and boring. Not very exciting, not very motivating. That's probably one reason why I decorate my pages.



So, decorating ones planner doesn't necessarily have to be because it's a hobby that one eventually will get bored of. Decorating your planner can be a way of beating boredom...in the same way one doodles on a scrap piece of paper, one could decorate their planner...draw fancy borders, color code their book, make their book more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment