Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Purse Charm

Click to Enlarge

I bought a new purse the other day. I felt the need to get a little larger bag than the one I was using. The purse I was using had two main zippered pouches but the cloth inside it was cheap and flimsy and not accommodating for all my purse-y goods. The purse I bought has a MUCH wider main pouch and fits all the things I want in it.

But I digress lol. I want to talk about the cool "accessory" I made for it. Inspired by my favorite inspiration site, Pinterest...I borrowed ideas I saw and made up my own charm. It has two suede strips I secured with wire on top and brown beads on the bottom. I also has one strip of beads with the elemental colors for Earth, Fire, Air and Water, as well as a strip of beads with the four traditional Native colors of White, Black, Red and Yellow. These eight colors have great meaning to me and I wanted them close to me when I go out. There's a fifth set of beads comprised of four brown bi-cone beads, one brown cylindrical bead in the center and a brown circular bead at the end.

I loved the way they looked on Pinterest, and feel I have made a very good facsimile with my own twist.

I just wanted to share my creation :)










Make your own:
-2 Suede strips
-Small solid colored beads (in whatever colors you like)
-Large transparent beads in a variety of shapes
-Wire (24-26 gauge)
-Medium and Large Jump rings
-Key ring/small caribeaner
-Small charms

Step 1:
Take your key ring/caribeaner and add five jump rings

Step 2:
Measure out your suede strips. Make the strips four times the length you want, then cut them into four equal strips. Take two strips and thread them through one medium jump ring. Wrap some 26 gauge wire around the strips to secure them closed (not too close to the jump ring, you want some give). Open the jump ring and slip it onto the jump ring on the outer ends. Slip a charm to one of the suede strips.

Step 3:
Slide cylindrical beads up through two of the now four strips of suede to where you desire them to be (this step is optional)

Step 4:
Take your 24 gauge wire. Slip your small solid colored beads onto the wire in whatever pattern you wish. You can add separators if you like between the beads or leave them as is. Make loops at either end. Make 2 of these.

Step 5:
Take more 24 gauge wire and slip on some large transparent beads in whatever pattern you like. Make loops at either end.

Step 6:
Take your strip of wired beads and open one loop. Slip it onto the jump ring on the key ring between the suede strips. Place the transparent bead strip in the middle.

Ta-Da!! You're done. All you need do is affix it to your bag, key ring, whatever. Play around, change things up, don't make yours like mine...use your imagination and be inspired :)

No comments:

Post a Comment