Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Friday, October 28, 2016

Pierceless Earrings

If you're looking to wear dangle earrings without having to wear "pinch" type clip-ons or magnet type earrings, here's a short DIY for earrings that will stay. I offer this solution because I've discovered I can no longer wear the "pinch" or magnet type earrings as they cause me a lot of pain (I can maybe go a half hour wearing these, then I'm in a lot of pain and have to take them off). This solution I can adjust when I need to.

You'll need:

-20 gauge wire
-Flat nose and Round nose pliers
-Ruler (not pictured)
-Wire cutters
-Pre-made or handmade dangles (make sure they're not too heavy, as they WILL slip off)
-Dowel or small pen (I've found a Sharpie pen makes the right sized ring)

Take 3 inches of wire and cut.

Bend in half. Take the cut ends and bend them into as small a 360 degree loop as you can

Take the bent wire and curl it around a pen/dowel to make a ring

Pinch the ring as closed as you can so as it can sit snugly on your ear lobe (but not too closed as to prevent slipping them on your ear or to cause discomfort while on the ear). Add your dangles as you wish.
I made these dangles with a butterfly charm and a "crackle" bead complete with caps.

I've since removed the dangles from the ring and am now just wearing the rings (purely for esthetics). I've found I can wear them all day long with no pain or other problems (I even forget I'm wearing them lol). You can make as many rings as you like, one set for each set of earrings you want OR...make one set and interchange dangles.

Putting Them On
Start below the "Outer Conch" on the ear. Pull the lower lobe to thin out the skin and slip the ring onto the ear. Slide it down to the lower lobe and adjust to where you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment