Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Eh, You Want to Kiss my Lucky Egg?"

I came across some ideas on pinterest on how to make eggs to go on my altar. Not any ordinary eggs, nor are they for Ostara, but DRAGON'S eggs. I have a MAJOR affinity for dragons, and when I saw an idea that I could make my own "dragon's" eggs, I was intrigued.

Some seemed a bit overly complicated, using materials like paper mache, hot glue, etc, but I wanted something more simplier (only because I don't like large messes or playing with hot glue). So I found a few ideas in which I was to use thumbtacks. Oh, my, let me tell you what a journey it was to find the thumb tacks. I looked EVERYWHERE I could think of. Dollarama (here in Canada), Walmart, grocery stores, bargain stores, etc. All I could find were the plastic push pins, and naturally they weren't going to do. I'd almost given up, when I decided to make one last try and look at Dollar Tree. OMG I love Dollar Tree. They (almost) always have what I want to make crafts. I found plenty of thumbtacks in both gold and silver. I chose silver because I don't really like gold.

So, I took some ideas from here and got started on making my very own dragon's egg. If I wasn't interrupted during the creation process, it probably would have only taken me a few hours (if that). Now, I didn't paint it because I wanted to see if I could do it first (that, and I couldn't find the colors I wanted for cheap). Here is my finished product:


I'm so impressed with myself. It took about 212 pins to make this. I tried to make it as perfect as I could, but I'm starting to think that it's imperfection makes it look more natural. If I could paint it, I probably would. Now, I have 5 more eggs I can make this with, and LOTS more pins (because I didn't know how many I needed so I overbought lol). I'd like to make one of each the elemental colors, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment