Blog Updates

Attention Blog Readers

Content coming every day, come back again to see what's new

Ma'iingan

Monday, October 5, 2020

Runes

 Probably one of the most common tools handmade by pagans would have to be a set of runes. They're much easier to make than, say Tarot cards, and the materials you can use is almost endless. 

The dollar store nearest to me had packages of small, round wooden disks in various sizes, so I bought a pack (see previous post to see what else I did with them). 

I took the smallest round disks out of the pack and drew on my own runes. Because they're all one, uniform size, it will be easier to grab a random rune should one want to do a single rune reading for themselves. 


The packaging is only temporary. I plan on holding them in a black cloth bag.

With this said, there are absolutely numerous ways one could create their own runes. In a previous post, I showed how to make them with glass gems typically used as filler in vases or on the bottom of fish tanks. In another post, I also showed how one could use clay (I moulded the clay in to rough oval shapes, then engraved the rune symbols in each one). One can use river rocks as well, so long as they are fairly uniform in shape. 



No comments:

Post a Comment